Top Five iPad Apps for Productivity

Did you just get an iPad and you don't know which App to install? In this article I will show you the best ten apps for your iPad.


Microsoft Office for iPad

Yes! Microsoft Office is available for the iPad. Create documents, review reports, change data in spreadsheets, and view PowerPoint presentations. One of the cool things I did was to sync my hotmail account with Microsoft Office for iPad, and since I am a business member of the BizSpark program, I have the full version of Office. Every document you create gets send safely to your own private cloud.

One of the best things about Microsoft Office for iPad is that you can install each one independently. So, if you only need Microsoft Word, you can just download that one. Or if you only need Microsoft Excel to keep your finances up to day, just download Excel. In my opinion, it should be the same for the PC version.



OneDrive for iPad

Make backups of your documents and sync your files with OneDrive. This awesome app will give you 100 GB of free storage. If you have Microsoft Office installed, you can open and edit files stored in OneDrive on the fly. Besides that, you can easily share any file with friends and family. 



Photoshop Express for iPad

Professional photographers prefer the real deal. iPad users claim there are better photo editors for iOS. However Photoshop Express demonstrated in real case scenarios that it is more stable than others. I could edit 10.2 MP pictures without a hitch. Not only that, after I was done editing the picture, I could save it without losing quality, something that some apps do (or charge for HQ). It has some basic filters and also some color controls. Of course it is not the same as the PC/Mac version, but it is very useful.



Blogger App for iPad

As I said before, the iPad is the perfect blogging machine. I am a serious blogger, and I didn't want to carry a laptop and I didn't want to get a netbook. I got a second hand iPad for merely USD $130.00, and let me tell you, I am keeping up with my blog more often than ever! And since I run a blog in Blogger, I installed its app. What can I say? Wonderful. Let's me write, save as I type and let me add pictures to a blog entry. The app is not as complete as the web version, but it does the job quite nicely. It is missing the excerpt and more sensitive tags but I hope Google improve it in the future.




Gmail App for iPad

Send emails. Send files. Gmail comes to the iPad and it is great. It works better than other mail management alternatives for iPad. You can read emails while offline and manage your inboxes without problems. I manage at least three gmail accounts due to my job, and after trying alternatives, I found out the official gmail app from Google is more robust. I wouldn't trust other apps for sending and receiving important emails.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.