Bringing back my iBook G4

 
The iBook G4 is my most beloved computer. Since I bought it, I used it for my blogging job at a hosting company. It was the perfect tool, because of its portability and its robustness. Last year, the hard drive died on me, and I left it sitting in the corner.

After one year of being put away, last night I decided to test if the battery was good or not so that I could go out and get a new hard drive. While testing the battery, I decided to turn it on just for fun and to see what happened. Out of the blue, the iBook started working. OSX loaded with no glitches and I was introduced to the login screen. I was shocked. The iBook refused to die, and decided to give me an opportunity to fell in love with it again, as well as recover all the files and pictures that I didn't get the chance to save on Google Drive. So there I was, at 3:00 AM downloading the new version of TenFourFox, uploading documents and checking my email.

This upcoming weekend, I will get a brand new hard drive and install OSX again! or Debian, perhaps?

Anyways, feeling the iBook G4 keyboard is a nice experience. I still use my main x64 computer for some heavy tasks that my job requires (Visual Studio, PhoneGap) but it is nice to have my good old iBook back!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.